If you are of the opinion that special purpose vehicles (SPVs) are only for military uses then you will have to change your opinion after going through the blog. While it is true that SPVs are widely used by militaries of the world, but these vehicles are also popular in civil life.
Special purpose vehicles are automobiles designed and equipped to meet specific needs like rescuing military personnel from battleground and carrying high-end military equipment like a ready made bridge to battlefield. Similarly, these vehicles can be used in civil applications and you will be surprised to know that they have more uses in civil society.
• When you see a state-of-the-art ambulance, you actually see a SPV. A high-end ambulance is a SPV because it packs latest medical technology and it is capable of handling serious medical cases including severe accidents, heart failure and brain hemorrhage.
• A mobile laboratory used for sample collection from distant areas is also a SPV that is specially equipped to preserve medical samples. These samples require specific temperature to stay useful and it is only a SPV that can maintain temperature.
• Healthcare industry uses SPVs to make mobile clinics equipped with high-end medical facilities. These clinics are used for extending medical services to events attended by large number of people. The hosts of events want to make sure that the each visitor gets medical service as and when required.
• Homeland security organizations use SPVs to make command centers in disturbed areas. They use SPVs to rescue people from riot like situation sand natural calamities. Also, they use the SPVs to mobilize their human resource and equipment.
A SPV is a vehicle made for a specific purpose and it could be armored but an armored vehicle can never be a SPV. People often mistake a SPV to be a reinforced vehicle.
Uses of armored vehicles
• Big organizations buy bullet proof vehicles for their important officials like CEOs, COOs and others.
• Corporate families keep fleet of bulletproof vehicles for safety of their family members. Individuals also buy reinforced vehicles.
• Banks buy armored vans for transporting cash to ATMs. The vehicles have space for keeping cash boxes and armed security guards.
• Jewelers use reinforced vehicles for safe transportation of expensive jewelry pieces. They can’t take the expensive items in their cars fearing loot and theft by anti-social elements.
If you visit armored car for sale, you will find many options available but in reality, each vehicle is carefully reinforced to meet individual needs. Also, you will get the opportunity to select your car and get it updated to meet your security needs. Your automobile dealer would find the vehicle of your choice and customize it with the features you want and deliver it to your home.
The tactical equipment Israel has also found its uses in civil applications but it doesn’t need customization. For example, the helmet mounted cameras are good for capturing sporting events like cycling. Similarly, concealed vests are good for outdoor enjoyment. These vests provide multiple storage options.